A global programme to tackle antimicrobial resistance (AMR), working in more than 50 countries, with particular focus on sub-Saharan Africa and South and South-East Asia.Read more
Open University: Boosting global AMR learning and development
The Open University (OU), in consortia with Mott MacDonald, hold a global grant for the development of online learning tools and resources to address key skills and knowledge gaps for the global workforce tackling AMR.
In 2018-19 OU is undertaking a learning needs analysis to better understand the learning requirements of the ‘AMR community’. At the conclusion of this process in 2019 further details on OU’s approach to online learning for the AMR workforce, tools and methods of delivery, will be detailed.
- strengthen the workforce engaged in tackling antimicrobial resistance (AMR) by improving the available learning resources
- further analyse the professional learning needs of those in different roles and different locations
- establish key learning materials to provide information on AMR and the Fleming Fund
- design and pilot context-specific learning approaches in low and middle income countries
- based on research and results from the pilot events, produce a comprehensive plan to further develop effective learning tools and events