Bangladesh's National Action Plan is available here
- Chattogram Medical College and Hospital | Active | Human health
- Poultry Training and Research Centre at CVASU | Active | Veterinary
- Mymensingh Medical College and Hospital | Active | Human health
- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital | Active | Human health
- Khulna Medical College and Hospital | Active | Human health
- Central Disease Investigation Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
- Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute | Active | Veterinary
- Rangpur Medical College and Hospital | Active | Human health
- FDIL Feni | Active | Veterinary
- FDIL Joypurhat | Active | Veterinary
- Fish Inspection and Quality Control Laboratory – Savar | Active | Aquaculture
AMR Governance Structure
National Steering Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock; Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
AMR Action Plan
There is an approved National Strategy for Antimicrobial Resistance Containment in Bangladesh: 2017— 2021. This was developed by a multisectoral “Core Working Group” with the support of WHO. The strategy states the importance of effective multisectoral working, whilst anticipating that much of the responsibility of implementation of the strategy will fall on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Multisectoral Planning and coordination arrangements are specified down to upazila (subdistrict) level and membership of all these committees is listed, with brief outline terms of reference. A National Action Plan (2017 – 2022) has been developed. Most of this takes the form of a road map stating activities, output indicators, responsible authorities and timeline.
Tackling AMR in Bangladesh
Video from the Food and Agricultural Organisation about tackling AMR in Bangladesh
IVI and the Government of Bangladesh join forces to boost AMR response in South Asia
18 May 2022 in Seoul, the International Vaccine Institute, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) of Bangladesh shared key findings…
This International Women’s Day we celebrate three women in science who are a part of our Fleming Fund Fellowship Programme.