Sri Lanka's National Action Plan is available hereDownload ↓ File info: pdf - 1.15 MB
- Medical Research Institute | Active | Human health
- Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital | Active | Human health
- National Cancer Institute of Sri Lanka | Active | Human health
- Lady Ridgway Hospital for Children | Active | Human health
- Colombo South Teaching Hospital | Active | Human health
- Veterinary Investigation Centre, Chilaw | Active | Veterinary
- National Reference Laboratory for STI and HIV | Active | Human health
- Teaching Hospital Anuradhapura | Active | Human health
- VCDA Veterinary Drug Control Authority | Active | Drug quality
- Teaching Hospital Batticaloa | Active | Human health
- Teaching Hospital Jaffna | Active | Human health
- Provincial General Hospital Badulla | Active | Human health
- Veterinary Research Institute | Active | Veterinary
- Central Veterinary Investigation Centre | Active | Veterinary
- Veterinary Investigation Centre, Wariyapola | Active | Veterinary
- Teaching Hospital Kandy | Active | Human health
AMR Governance Structure
National Advisory Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Livestock and Rural Community Development; Ministry of Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Development and Rural Economy
AMR Action Plan
Sri Lanka has established a One Health, multisectoral collaboration to combat AMR, and has developed a National Strategic Plan (NSP 2017-2022) to provide a country road map, which has been endorsed by multiple ministries. The NSP includes five key strategies, aligned with the strategic objectives of the Global AMR Action Plan and covering human, animal, agriculture, aquaculture and environment sectors. These are:
- Improve awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance through effective communication.
- Strengthen the knowledge and evidence base through surveillance and research.
- Reduce the incidence of infection through effective sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention measures.
- Optimise the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health.
- Prepare the economic case for sustainable investment and increase investment in new medicines, diagnostic tools, vaccines and other interventions.
As the global health community rallies to support the COVID-19 response, the Fleming Fund is committed to continuing crucial work on AMR,…
The Fleming Fund team is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak and is acutely aware of the impact this will have across…