Vietnam's National Action Plan is available here
AMR Governance Structure
National Steering Committee on the prevention of AMR
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development; Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT); and Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE).
AMR Action Plan
In 2013, the Vietnamese Ministry of Health (MoH) developed a National Action Plan (NAP) on AMR and was the first country in the WHO Western Pacific Region to do so. This followed the priorities outlined by the Global Action Plan but it is predominantly focused on human health. It covers the period 2013-2020 and includes the six following objectives, under which activities are split between phase 1 (2013-2016) and phase 2 (2016-2020):
- raise awareness of community and health workers on drug resistance
- strengthen, improve national surveillance system on the use of antibiotics and drug resistance
- ensure adequate supply of quality medicines to meet the needs of people
- promote proper safe use of drugs
- promote infection control
- promote proper safe antibiotic use in livestock, poultry, aquaculture and cultivation
In 2017, the ‘National Action Plan for the Management and Use of Antibiotic and Control of Antibiotic Resistance in Livestock Production and Aquaculture’ was released.
The UK and Vietnam commit to taking action against drug resistance through new Memorandum of Understanding
The UK Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Vietnam further strengthening a partnership between the…
As the global health community rallies to support the COVID-19 response, the Fleming Fund is committed to continuing crucial work on AMR,…