As cases of COVID-19 surge across the globe, businesses, innovators and academics are looking at new ways to combat the virus through…
The Regional Grants programme runs in parallel with the Country Grants and Fellowship Scheme grants across the the four Fleming Fund regions- West Africa, East & Southern Africa, South Asia and South East Asia. The purpose of these grants is to collect historical AMR data and boost the impact of the Country & Fellowship Grants through regional initiatives. Twelve regional grants have been developed each with a slightly different focus including improving data protocols, strengthening political AMR advocacy and improving regional AMR training and networks.
Regional Grants can be used to fund improvements to:
- regional quality assurance networks
- data and information sharing platforms
- initiatives to enhance the quality and use of surveillance data
- regional training efforts, for example in use and interpretation of genome data for AMR
- regional capacity to undertake advanced testing of pathogens, for example whole genome sequencing and phylogenetic analysis