The Regional Grants programme runs in parallel with the Country Grants and Fellowship Scheme grants across the the four Fleming Fund regions- West Africa, East & Southern Africa, South Asia and South East Asia. The purpose of these grants is to collect historical AMR data and boost the impact of the Country & Fellowship Grants through regional initiatives. Twelve regional grants have been developed each with a slightly different focus including improving data protocols, strengthening political AMR advocacy and improving regional AMR training and networks.
Regional Grants can be used to fund improvements to:
- regional quality assurance networks
- data and information sharing platforms
- initiatives to enhance the quality and use of surveillance data
- regional training efforts, for example in use and interpretation of genome data for AMR
- regional capacity to undertake advanced testing of pathogens, for example whole genome sequencing and phylogenetic analysis