Grants and Funding
The Fleming Fund provides support through four types of grant:
Global Grants support specific projects that benefit a wider range of countries through working with global organisations. These projects explore issues such as:
- antimicrobial resistance (AMR) National Action Plan development
- engagement with civil society
- protocol develop and generating global guidance
Global Grants are delivered by leading organisations in the field of AMR and are not advertised on a competitive basis.
Country Grants will aim to support 24 countries across Africa and Asia, making up the largest single investment of the Fleming Fund. Grants include support for:
- the development or improvement of a national AMR reference laboratory
- core microbiology training for staff in labs across the surveillance system
- building AMR governance
- setting up external quality assurance systems
- technology upgrades to ensure surveillance data is sustainably collected and uploaded to WHONET
Country Grants will be advertised on a rolling basis.
There will be two rounds of Regional Grants:
- the first round will collect and synthesise new and historical data on resistance in Africa and Asia and ensure this is uploaded to WHONET.
- the second round will support regional bodies as they provide support for training, quality assurance and regional surveillance for AMR and antimicrobial use.
Future Regional Grants will be competed and advertised here.
Requests for Regional Grant proposals will be managed by the Fleming Fund management agent, Mott MacDonald.
Fleming Fund Fellowship Schemes
The Fleming Fellowship Scheme is supporting a global network of AMR experts and advocates for action.
Fleming Fellowships offer an opportunity to develop key skills, benefit from expert mentorship and opportunities for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
Each fellow will be equipped with the capability and network to solve problems, lead and contribute to the global effort to track and address AMR.
Selected fellowships will be identified through open competition and opportunities will be advertised here on a rolling basis.