Papua New Guinea's Request for Proposals is available here
Papua New Guinea
- National Public Health Laboratory / Central Public Health Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Port Moresby General Hospital | Active | Human health
- National Animal Health and Food Testing Laboratory | Active | Food safety
- Mount Hagen General Hospital | Active | Human health
- Angau Memorial General Hospital | Active | Human health
- NAQIA Lae Animal Health Facility | Active | Veterinary
- Goroka Provincial Hospital | Active | Human health
- Nonga General Hospital | Active | Human health
AMR Governance Structure
National Antimicrobial Resistance Steering Committee
Contributing Ministries: National Department of Health; Department of Agriculture and Livestock; and Department of Environment and Conservation
AMR Action Plan
Papua New Guinea developed a multisectoral National Action Plan (NAP) on Antimicrobial Resistance (2017- 2020). The NAP was a joint effort by the National Department of Health, Department of Agriculture and Livestock and the Department of Environment and Conservation. It was launched in August 2019. The NAP has five objectives, with indicative strategies, for implementation:
- Objective 1. Establish and ensure governance, sustainable investment and actions to combat antimicrobial resistance.
- Objective 2. Improve awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance through effective communication, education and training.
- Objective 3. Strengthen surveillance, diagnostic capacity and research on AMR.
- Objective 4. Strengthen sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention and control across all sectors.
- Objective 5. Strengthen appropriate access and optimise the use of antimicrobial medicines in all sectors.
UK Secretary of State visits PNG’s Fleming Fund antimicrobial resistance data surveillance project
The Fleming Fund Country Grant in Papua New Guinea (PNG), led by Burnet Institute in Australia was the focus of a recent visit to Port…
This International Women’s Day we celebrate three women in science who are a part of our Fleming Fund Fellowship Programme.