Eswatini's Request for Proposals is available hereDownload ↓
- Mbabane Government Hospital | Active | Human health
- Raleigh Fitkin Memorial Hospital | Active | Human health
- Central Veterinary Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
- Food Hygiene Laboratory | Active | Food safety
- Good Shepherd Hospital | Active | Human health
- Hlathikhulu Government Hospital | Active | Human health
AMR Governance Structure
National Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Health; Ministry of Tourism and Environmental Affairs
AMR Action Plan
Eswatini has developed a multisectoral National AMR Containment Strategic Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance 2017 to 2021. Development was supported by USAID and Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS). The plan has been formally agreed and signed (in early June) by the Ministries of Health, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
The MOH is charged with leading government efforts on the containment of AMR through coordination and collaboration with other relevant ministries, with support from the AMRCC for co-ordination of NAP activities. The AMRCC was appointed in 2016, and includes representatives from MOH, MOA, academia, SIAPS and other development / implementing partners.
New country reports provide detailed accounts of drug resistance surveillance across the African continent to reduce the burden of AMR.
Issue 37 of the Petri Dish is now available.