Ghana's National Action Plan is available hereDownload ↓ File info: pdf - 4.03 MB
- University of Ghana Department of Medical Microbiology | Inactive | Human health
- Public Health Reference Laboratory, Sekondi | Inactive | Human health
- Korle Bu Teaching Hospital Central Laboratory | Inactive | Human health
- Food Safety Laboratory, Veterinary Services Directorate | Inactive | Food safety
- Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi | Inactive | Human health
- Ashanti Regional Veterinary Services Department | Inactive | Veterinary
- Tamale Teaching Hospital, Tamale | Inactive | Human health
- Pong Tamale Veterinary College | Inactive | Veterinary
- Volta Regional Hospital, Ho | Inactive | Human health
- Eastern Regional Hospital, Koforidua | Inactive | Human health
- St Martin de Porres Hospital, Eikwe | Inactive | Human health
AMR Governance Structure
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Food and Agriculture; Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation; Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development
AMR Action Plan
In 2016, the Platform oversaw the development of a National Policy on Antimicrobial Use and Resistance which has a clear One Health approach and multi-sectoral support is provided by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture, and the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology, and Innovation, as well as the Ministry of Health, which are all signatories on the policy submission. The Platform has also developed a detailed National Action Plan to address issues identified in the situation analysis of the AMR Policy. The Ghana Cabinet approved both documents on 7 December 2017.
New country reports provide detailed accounts of drug resistance surveillance across the African continent to reduce the burden of AMR.
Issue 33 of the Petri Dish is now available.