Kenya's National Action Plan is available hereDownload ↓ File info: pdf - 871.36 KB
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital, Kisumu | Active | Human health
- National Public Health Laboratory, Nairobi | Active | Human health
- Central Veterinary Laboratory, Kabete | Active | Veterinary
- University of Nairobi, Veterinary Pathology Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
- Regional Veterinary Investigation Laboratory, Nakuru | Active | Veterinary
- Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi | Active | Human health
- Thika Hospital, Thika | Active | Human health
- Machakos Hospital, Machakos | Active | Human health
- Nakuru Hospital, Nakuru | Active | Human health
- Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, Eldoret | Active | Human health
- Regional Veterinary Investigation Laboratory, Kericho | Active | Veterinary
- Regional Veterinary Investigation Laboratory, El Doret | Active | Veterinary
- Coast General Hospital, Mombasa | Active | Human health
- Regional Veterinary Investigation Laboratory, Mariakani | Active | Veterinary
AMR Governance Structure
National Antimicrobial Stewardship Interagency Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture Livestock, Fisheries & Blue Economy; Ministry of Education Science and Technology; Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources; the National Treasury & the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
The National Antimicrobial Stewardship Interagency Committee (NASIC) is the highest policy and governance body responsible for all AMR activities and is made up of three multisectoral components:
- a Steering Committee (responsible for policy direction, resource mobilisation, budget and workplan approvals)
- a Technical Committee (responsible for implementation of the NAP, coordinating with stakeholders, and advising on guidelines, rules and regulations)
- a Secretariat (responsible for linking NASIC at national and county levels, coordinating policy implementation at both those levels, stakeholder engagement, representing the national AMR effort, engaging technical advisers and supporting the functions of the TWGs).
AMR Action Plan
Kenya published its National Action Plan (NAP) on prevention and containment of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in 2017. The development of the NAP was supported by WHO, FAO, OIE, CDC and USAID, and efforts are currently underway to map all the partners and stakeholders involved in AMR work to ensure well-coordinated national implementation in line with the priorities of the NAP.
New country reports provide detailed accounts of drug resistance surveillance across the African continent to reduce the burden of AMR.
Issue 31 of the Petri Dish is now available.