Malawi's Request for Proposals is available hereDownload ↓
- National Microbiology Reference Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Kamuzu Central Hospital | Active | Human health
- Central Veterinary Reference Laboratory, Lilongwe | Active | Veterinary
- Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Malomulo Adventist Hospital | Active | Human health
- Southern Region Veterinary Laboratory, Blantyre | Active | Veterinary
- Zomba Central Hospital Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Mzuzu Central Hosptial Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Northern Region Veterinary Laboratory, Mzuzu | Active | Veterinary
- Mzimba South District Hospital Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Mangochi District Hospital Laboraotory | Active | Human health
AMR Governance Structure
Antimicrobial Resistance National Coordinating Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development; Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining
AMR Action Plan
Malawi developed and implemented a Health Sector Strategic Plan I (HSSPI) from 2011 to 2016, which was followed by the Health Sector Strategic Plan II (HSSPII), which runs from 2017 to 2022. The plans are aimed at improving programme continuity within the health sector, and the overall contribution of the health sector to national development. AMR was included in HSSPII as a critical area of intervention: this document therefore provides a framework for the development of the national AMR strategy.
The Malawi AMR National Action Plan (NAP), published as the National AMR Strategy, runs from 2017 to 2022 and provides the operational detail to the HSSPII strategy outline, and is also a response to the global WHO efforts to reduce the impact of AMR.
New country reports provide detailed accounts of drug resistance surveillance across the African continent to reduce the burden of AMR.
In partnership with the governments of Zimbabwe and Malawi the Fleming Fund has awarded two new Country Grants to support public health…