Zimbabwe's National Action Plan is available hereDownload ↓ File info: pdf - 539.79 KB
- National Microbiology Reference Laboratory | Active | Human health
- Sally Mugabe Central Hospital | Active | Human health
- Parirenyatwa Central Hospital, Harare | Active | Human health
- Beatrice Infectious Diseases Hospital | Active | Human health
- Central Veterinary Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
- University of Zimbabwe, Animal Science Microbiology Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
- Mpilo Provinical Hospital | Active | Human health
- Bulawayo Provincial Veterinary Laboratory | Active | Veterinary
AMR Governance Structure
Zimbabwe AMR Core Group
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health and Child Care; Ministry of Agriculture, Mechanisation and Irrigation Development; Ministry of Environment, Climate & Water
AMR Action Plan
In 2017, Zimbabwe launched their approved One Health Antimicrobial Resistance National Action Plan 2017- 2021. This was developed by a multisectoral AMR Core Group with the support of WHO and FAO. AMR surveillance plans are also being drafted, with support from WHO and FAO, and Technical Working Groups.
New country reports provide detailed accounts of drug resistance surveillance across the African continent to reduce the burden of AMR.
In partnership with the governments of Zimbabwe and Malawi the Fleming Fund has awarded two new Country Grants to support public health…