Ghana: Country Grant 2
The cornerstone of the Fund is the Country Grants programme. Organisations or a consortium are selected for funding awards to support the country’s National Action Plan, by reinforcing existing surveillance systems, strengthening laboratory infrastructure, developing human capacity or technical skills and using protocols for appropriate antimicrobial use. Activities are expected to support existing government health systems and work in tandem with relevant government ministries. Grant management is coordinated through the Management Agent, Mott MacDonald.
Dec 2020 - Jul 2021
The objectives are developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Ghana.
- Oversee refurbishment of all laboratory sites
- Work with the Ghana Health Service to ensure appropriate transport, asset management and installation processes are followed, as well as building capacity of the Ghana Health Service to manage equipment maintenance effectively
- Procure consumables and reagents on behalf of the Fleming Fund for sites, and ensure the Ghana Health Service is engaged and capacitated to take over this function
- Work with other service providers to ensure sites are ready for equipment installation and training by equipment providers
- Work with service providers and Ghana Health Service to support maintenance planning for laboratory equipment, as well as ensuring adequate service maintenance plans are in place with equipment providers
Country Grant › Ghana
Country Grant › Eswatini