Laos: Professional Fellowship 2
Host Institution Approved
Workplan Development Workshop
The Professional Fellowship scheme aims to support the professional development of key practitioners in Fleming Fund countries, in both human health and animal health sectors, who play an important role in implementing AMR and AMU surveillance. The scheme will provide training, coaching and mentoring to improve fellows' skills and leadership capacity in gathering quality AMR diagnostic data, AMR and AMU data collection and management, analysis and use of surveillance results.
Beneficiary Institutions & Fellowships:
Bioinformatics and Sequencing – Human Health, National Center for Laboratory and Epidemiology
- To strengthen capability on bioinformatics and whole genome sequencing
AMR Health Informatics – Human Health, Department of Communicable Disease Control
- To strengthen capability on data management and analysis of antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- To develop leadership in AMR health informatics and contribute to sound evidence-based advice on AMR policy and programme development in the human health sector, within a One Health framework.
AMR Clinician – Human Health, Mahosoth Hospital
- To provide training that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to support AMU and AMR surveillance in Mahosoth Hospital.
- To provide the skills required to interpret laboratory and other data to design AMR control strategies which can be used in Mahosoth Hospital and other sites
- To contribute to the sustainability of AMR and AMU surveillance by acquiring skills in training and implementing training programmes
AMR Surveillance – Animal Health, Department of Livestock and Fisheries
- To provide training that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to support AMR surveillance in animal production systems and produce evidence of AMR practices
- To provide training that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to improve the accuracy and completeness of AMC data reported by Laos to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- To contribute to the sustainability of AMR surveillance programmes in Laos by developing training expertise in AMR and implementing training programmes