Myanmar: Country Grant 2
Request For Proposal published
Proposals under review
The cornerstone of the Fund is the Country Grants programme. Through a competitive tender process, organisations or a consortium are selected for funding awards to support the country’s National Action Plan, by reinforcing existing surveillance systems, strengthening laboratory infrastructure, developing human capacity or technical skills and using protocols for appropriate antimicrobial use.
Activities are expected to support existing government health systems and work in tandem with relevant government ministries. Grant management is coordinated through the Management Agent, Mott MacDonald.
The goal of this grant is to improve the collection and use of antimicrobial resistance data in human health in Myanmar.
Jan 2020 - Jun 2021
The objectives are developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Myanmar.
- To increase the capacity of the National Health Laboratory (NHL) to act as the national AMR reference laboratory.
- To increase the bacteriology capacity of several major hospital-based laboratories for services delivered to patients.
- To strengthen the laboratory network under the leadership of NHL as reference laboratory, in collaboration with WHO and all the laboratory partners within region as well as internationally.
- To improve national data collection and dissemination of AMR data to represent the burden of AMR prevalence through the laboratory network.
- To improve antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) at the selected hospital sites according to WHO standards.
Country Grant › Myanmar
Country Grant › Eswatini