Nepal: Country Grant 2
The cornerstone of the Fund is the Country Grants programme. Organisations or a consortium are selected for funding awards to support the country’s National Action Plan, by reinforcing existing surveillance systems, strengthening laboratory infrastructure, developing human capacity or technical skills and using protocols for appropriate antimicrobial use. Activities are expected to support existing government health systems and work in tandem with relevant government ministries. Grant management is coordinated through the Management Agent, Mott MacDonald.
The objectives are developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Nepal.
- Strengthen One Health AMR/AMU Surveillance Technical Working Group to support the AMRCSC
- Sustain existing support to AMR and AMU surveillance and expand to additional human health sites
- Sustain existing support to AMR and AMU surveillance, and expand to additional animal health sites
- Support the Department of Drug Administration with AMC surveillance in human and veterinary drugs
- Expand AMR surveillance to Food Safety and Environment