Nigeria: Country Grant
Request For Proposal published
Proposals under review
The cornerstone of the Fund is the Country Grants programme. Through a competitive tender process, organisations or a consortium are selected for funding awards to support the country’s National Action Plan, by reinforcing existing surveillance systems, strengthening laboratory infrastructure, developing human capacity or technical skills and using protocols for appropriate antimicrobial use.
Activities are expected to support existing government health systems and work in tandem with relevant government ministries. Grant management is coordinated through the Management Agent, Mott MacDonald.
Institute for Human Virology Nigeria; International Foundation Against Infectious Disease in Nigeria; Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine; Life Stock Management Services
May 2019 - September 2021
The objectives are developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Nigeria.
- strengthen One Health governance structure for AMR and antimicrobial usage (AMU) surveillance
- strengthen AMR and AMU surveillance system in the human health sector
- strengthen AMR and AMU surveillance in food animals
- establish a foundation for AMR surveillance in aquaculture species
- establish a foundation for AMR surveillance in the environment
Fellowship › Nigeria
Country Grant › Eswatini