Timor-Leste: Professional Fellowship 2
Host Institution Approved
Workplan Development Workshop
The Professional Fellowship scheme aims to support the professional development of key practitioners in Fleming Fund countries, in both human health and animal health sectors, who play an important role in implementing AMR and AMU surveillance. The scheme will provide training, coaching and mentoring to improve fellows' skills and leadership capacity in gathering quality AMR diagnostic data, AMR and AMU data collection and management, analysis and use of surveillance results.
Nov 2020 - Nov 2021
Beneficiary Institutions & Fellowships:
AMR Clinician – Human Health, National Hospital Guido Valadares
- To provide training that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to support AMU/AMR surveillance in NHGV
- To provide the skills required to interpret laboratory and other data to design AMR control strategies which can be used in NHGV and other sites
- To contribute to the sustainability of AMR and AMU surveillance by acquiring skills in training and implementing training programmes
AMU/C Surveillance Pharmacy – Human Health, National Directorate of Pharmacy and Medicine
- To provide training that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to support AMU/AMC surveillance in NDPM and produce evidence of AMU practices in healthcare settings and communities
- To provide the skills required to design AMU surveillance and analyse data and results to inform policies or actions in NDPM, which reduce the overuse of antibiotics
- To contribute to the sustainability of AMU surveillance in NDPM by acquiring skills in training and implementing training programmes
AMU/C Surveillance – Animal Health, National Directorate for Veterinary
- To provide trainings that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to support AMU/AMC surveillance in NDV for priority animal production systems and produce evidence of AMU practices.
- To provide trainings that will strengthen the Fellow’s ability to improve the accuracy and completeness of AMU/C data reported by Timor-Leste to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE).
- To contribute to the sustainability of AMU/C surveillance in Timor-Leste by implementing training programmes.
Fellowship › Timor-Leste